When I crave something that gives me energy and is full of healthy macro nutrients but also satisfies my sweet tooth I go for Smoothie aka Açai Bowls.
This is not only good for breakfast, it is also a perfect treat for cravings in the afternoon, in the evening or as a bedtime treat.
This goodness was a spinach and blueberry smoothie and is my all time favorite because it is so easy and so yummy. Frozen spinach and frozen blueberries are two of my staple foods I always have in my freezer. I want to share the recipe with you:
- 1 handful of spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 handful of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2/3 of a banana (fresh or frozen chunks)
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I used this vegan blend of hemp, rice and pea protein)
- 1 tbsp of açai powder
- 1 tbsp of green smoothie mix (I used this blend of spinach, barley grass, chard, kale and parsley)
- 1 cup rice milk (or any milk of choice)
→ blend everything together, pour it into a bowl and top it with anything you want. My toppings on the pictures are dark chocolate pieces, bee pollen, poppy seeds, almond slices and barberries.