Finally I can post this Protein Pancake recipe for you. I forgot about this amazing healthy high protein and low sugar treat for a while but made them two weeks ago and now I am looking forward to the next Sunday Pancake Feast.
Healthy High Protein and Low Sugar Pancakes
Yield: 6 small pancakes
Macros: 327 calories | 10.7g carbs | 3g sugar | 16.4g Fat | 33.1g protein
- 1 Serving (around 18g) Protein Powder (I used the Tropeaka Vanilla Lean Protein)
- 1 dash Baking Powder
- 1 heaped tbsp (around 8g) Almond Flour (I have this organic one)
- 1 dash Cinnamon
- 1 whole Egg
- 70g Eggwhites (Or just use one more whole egg)
- 85ml unsweetened Almond Mylk (I always use this organic one or I make my own)
- 60g unsweetened / unflavored Jogurt (I used lactose free yogurt)
- 1 tbsp (around 5g) Coconut Oil
- Mix the Protein Bowder, Baking Powder, Almond Flour and Cinnamon in a Bowl
- Add in 1 whole egg, eggwhites, almond milk and jogurt and mix well. (If you have time and patience you can whisk the eggwhites stiff separately to make the pancakes fluffier)
- Put coconut oil in a pan and cook the pancakes in it.
I topped the pancakes with a selfmade Berry Sauce. It is so easy to make and you can not inly use them to top your pancakes but also to top your yogurt, muesli or smoothie bowl and so on. Just cook your favourite berries – frozen or fresh – in a pan and sweeten them with some flavouring drops (I use Flavdrops from My Protein), stevia or honey.